COVID-19 Updates >
Common Types & Causes of Shoulder Pain
We Address Shoulder Pain
Your shoulder is one of the most mobile joints in your body because it can move forward, backward, side to side and in a circular motion. It is very easy to hurt or injure your shoulder in a car accident and even small amounts of discomfort are a sign that there may be a deeper issue.
When one of your bones or vertebrae is pushed out of its specific place through injury, poor posture, or sitting or driving for long periods of time, this misalignment can cause your muscles, tendons, and joints around your shoulder to become inflamed, overworked or pinched. This can cause anywhere from mild, annoying symptoms or discomfort, to very extreme and debilitating pain.
There are a variety of different types of shoulder pain which include:
- Tendinitis: Inflammation of a tendon, most commonly from overuse, or overstretching your shoulder.
- Pinched Nerve: A result of compression or constriction of a nerve that causes numbness, prickling or burning sensation which radiates outward from the injured area. This is a fairly common shoulder injury from a car accident.
- Tear of the Rotator Cuff: An irritation or damage to the rotator cuff muscles or tendons in the shoulder.
- Arthritis: Painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints, such as the shoulder joint.
- Frozen shoulder: A difficulty in which the shoulder joint tissue becomes inflamed and stiff, decreasing the range of motion available, allowing for abnormal bands of tissue or adhesions to grow together and essentially freezing the shoulder in place.
- Bursiitis: An inflammation of a bursa, a fluid sac to cushion the tendons, joints, muscles, and bones, in the shoulder, knee or elbow.
- Dislocation: When your upper arm bone is pushed out of its socket or pops out of the socket that is connected to your shoulder blade.
Shoulder injuries in car accidents are common. It is important that if you hurt your shoulder to get treatment as soon as possible. Shoulder pain should not be taken lightly and can escalate quickly if not addressed. Also, know that to fully understand the injury it is not uncommon to get imaging such as x-rays or MRIs as part of the diagnosis and injury evaluation process.
Don’t Just Shoulder Up Through the pain
We Use a Unique Integrative Treatment Plan to Help Reduce Your Shoulder PainWe create a unique treatment plan focused on your needs to empower you during your recovery. Your treatment plan might include:
Free 30 Minute
If you have been in a car accident in the last month, get a free 30-minute massage on us!
Address Your Pain & Enjoy Your Life
How We Will Help Resolve Your Shoulder Pain After a Car Accident or InjuryEach and every patient has their own treatment plan. Over a period of a few months, you will have the support and care you need to get better. On the first visit of your treatment, if you were injured in a car accident, we will take a MyoVision scan to evaluate your injuries, and then we will give you specific recommendations to help you know what to do to get better. We promise you that we will help you until you are feeling better and your shoulder pain is addressed. Overall, we have seen thousands of patients use our effective integrative approach to treat shoulder pain. We have also seen that our patients experience faster recovery and sustained reduction of pain when they follow our treatment plan, and they complete the healing process. If you have to hold your shoulder in a specific position to avoid pain, don’t wait any longer, come into one of our four locations in Provo, American Fork, Spanish Fork, or West Valley, Utah for a free consultation today!
Find A Chiropractic Location Near You in Utah
No matter the location, each and every member of our team cares about you and your experience. We ask questions and listen to your answers so that we can be sure that your needs are being met. Our number one priority is that you get the care you need, so that you can overcome any pain or discomfort after an accident or injury.
More Articles & Resources About Shoulder Pain
Recovering from an injury might not always be easy, many people are worried about the risk of suffering from chronic pain and how it can be reduced or prevented completely. Often our patients have questions such as: “What if my pain increases?” or “How long will the...
There are many primary care doctors who refer their patients to a physical therapist immediately. However, there are many people who choose chiropractic care in addition to or instead of physical therapy. Chiropractors at Axcess are trusted for their extensive...
Having a headache is nothing unusual. But headaches become a problem when they are quite frequent or so intense that it interrupts normal daily activities. Dealing with headaches long term, leaves people searching for remedies to reduce headaches or manage their pain....
2255 N University Pkwy #20
Provo, UT 84604