There are many primary care doctors who refer their patients to a physical therapist immediately. However, there are many people who choose chiropractic care in addition to or instead of physical therapy. Chiropractors at Axcess are trusted for their extensive knowledge and training. They are trained health professionals who understand that spine alignment is completely related to overall health and the well-being of an individual. Chiropractic adjustments have been found to be effective in reducing chronic pain, particularly back pain.
Chiropractic Care Goals
A chiropractor begins treatment with certain goals and works toward the achievement of these goals. Here are some of the many goals that chiropractors strive for:
- minimizing the amount of time the patient loses from work due to pain;
- helping the patient to function at the current level;
- controlling and offering relief of pain for each unique patient;
- reducing the risk of additional decline in physical ability;
- reducing the severity and frequency of pain;
- offering maximum recovery and improvement for each patient.
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
The core chiropractic treatment for back pain is usually through manual therapy, also known as a chiropractic adjustment.
It involves the following processes:
- Manual manipulation and spinal manipulation –Manual manipulation, or a chiropractic adjustment identifies the misalignment of the spine and uses one or more high-velocity techniques to properly realign the spine. The main goal is to improve the functionality of the body by restoring range of motion and reducing nerve irritation. Chiropractic treatment of the spine helps in restoring the motion of the back.
- Mobilization – This method involves low velocity manipulation and movement which helps in stretching the different joints and muscles. Again, the goal is to increase the range of motion in the back and other affected areas of the body.
Considering Chiropractic Treatment
As per the American Chiropractic Association, chiropractors can treat back pain and different health conditions involving muscles, joint injuries, neck pain, headache and disorders.
Chiropractors undergo extensive training regarding musculoskeletal problems and how to resolve them. Our chiropractors at Axcess Accident Center have a holistic and a whole-body approach. They understand information related to lifestyle habits, nutrition and diet. Thorough treatment of pain or an injury involves visiting the chiropractor at least two or four times in a week.
Chiropractors implement spinal manipulation with their hands as well as special equipment. They also use a device which is helpful in applying a forceful thrust or force so that the bones are readjusted in the neck in the spine region. A chiropractic adjustment is most effective when it is combined with various traditional therapies which help in treating back pain.
These therapies include:
- relaxation techniques
- massage therapy
- stretching and exercising
- patient education
- cold and heat therapies
- strength training with Ryse Fitness
Visiting with a Chiropractor from Axcess Accident Center
When you choose to visit a chiropractor, you need to consider a few factors. You should find a chiropractor who:
- Uses a holistic approach to looking at what is causing your pain, and present you with a comprehensive plan to address the cause of the pain;
- Offers you the right advice on different exercises and provide support for care at home;
- Provides the correct diagnosis after a physical examination and for specific cases after ordering x-rays;
- is willing and ready to refer you to another specialist if you need extra support.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment for Chronic Back Pain
If you are still wondering if you chiropractic treatment from Axcess Accident Center is right for your chronic back pain, here are some things that make our approach unique:
A Holistic Approach to Reduce Your Pain
Chiropractic treatment helps relax the body, which helps improve blood circulation. Studies have revealed that chiropractic care helps reduce pain better than many medicines. With Axcess, not only will our chiropractors provide a variety of treatment options in your plan, we also have massage therapists, and strength training experts that are here to help your body feel it’s best.
Our Goal is to Treat the Source of Pain
Most medicines tend to attack the symptoms. These medicines do not treat the source. The purpose of chiropractic care is to target and eliminate the source of your pain so you do not have to take medication or live your life with chronic pain. At Axcess, we are here to help you address the problem, and empower you throughout your journey to reach the best recovery possible.
You deserve the care and attention to recover, and to decrease back pain so you can do all the things you love and enjoy.
Chiropractic care can help with more than chronic back pain. It offers relief from many different physical symptoms that people experience daily.
Our chiropractors and team at any Axcess Accident Center location are here to help you get relief from your chronic pain. Contact us Here to schedule your appointment or a free evaluation if you have been in a car accident today.